Monday, December 31, 2012

A CLOSER LOOK AT BRUCE LEE



Here's the outside of the Bruce Lee Icon Hot Toys box. It features a nice likeness of Bruce along with a description of Bruce and his accomplishments to the bottom left of the box. The right upper corner has a metal tag with Hot Toys logo on it. It's really nice. I'll recommend keeping the box for later storage and increased value of the figure.



The outer box opens to reveal a slip cover with another picture of Bruce, this time a full body pic of the figure sitting in the directors chair. The figure is definitely packaged well for the protection of the figure and shows the collector how much care Hot Toys puts into their figures.



Bruce is covered by black foam packing, the same as surrounds him. You can see his sunglasses in this picture.



Out of the box Bruce is amazing. He's wearing a three piece suit with shirt and tie. He has a gold tone watch on his left arm that comes already attached, a leather like belt and brown heeled shoes.




The suit and shoes seem to be from the seventies. Bruce comes with three pairs of hands, a directors chair, a pair of sunglasses and a figure stand with Bruce Lee signature.




I know I just got my Bruce Lee figure but, I have to say, he is my all time favorite figure that I own. I've wanted Bruce for a long time. I was trying to figure out how to make a custom figure of Bruce without costing too terribly much. For the quality of the figure and clothing and most important, likeness of this figure I'd have to say, it was a steal for $99.


Thank you Hot Toys for making a Bruce Lee figure that I could afford. Enterbay has some awesome Bruce Lee figures but, they run $300 - $450. Hot Toys produced this figure and another called Hot Toys Bruce Lee Casual Wear. Both originally cost around $155.


A lot of Bruce Lee fans wouldn't want casual Bruce but, I think this figure is great! It shows a different side of the man. Bruce was not only a fighter but, he was an actor, director and philosopher.



For my first high end collectors figure from Hot Toys...I give this Bruce Lee in suit, a thumbs up.


Just wanted to give you a look at my new favorite action figure.

Later,
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome figure! I loved Bruce, cause he was an incredible actor and I love his minimized version, especially this happy smile. I might try to buy this figure one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted this figure forever!

    ReplyDelete