Monday, January 17, 2011

TRIAD EVA (EVALUTION) FEMALE FIGURE

I ordered this figure directly from Triad. I love the head sculpt. Here's a close-up of her head.



Listen closely because this will be the only nice thing I have to say about the Eva figure. I absolutely love the head sculpt. I have over one hundred figures and I don't have many female action figures. I didn't have any with short hair like this one. The paint application and the face is detailed and well done. The figure has a realistic face sculpt that bears a strong resemblance to Natalie Portman. Okay, that's it for the good side of the review.

The Eva comes packaged similar to the Hot Toys female Truetype. She comes with three breast sizes which are all almost the same size. There are one pair of pistol grip hands and one set of relaxed hands which are not really relaxed. They more look like they are tensed ready to do something, what I don't know.

 The prototype looks excellent in the advertisements but the actual figure that is shipping is shiny, and the material used to make the figure is cheap. The plastic is extremely thin and fragile, not what you would expect for an action figure. The legs look like they are made out of the type of plastic that you would get from Michael's when you are making a doll. I was extremely disappointed.


I found the picture above on a forum that was trying to address the floppy hip/leg problem. The legs, arms, hands, breast plate, head and feet were designed to come off  and be interchangeable with other Triad figures. But, the legs just fall off without trying to remove them. I was unable to dress the figure without the legs falling off and the joint connections are so loose that she can't hold a pose or stand for very long without falling. I can definitely say that the Triad EVA figure is one of the worst figures I have ever purchased. The only good thing I can say is I got it on sale for $27.

Here is a picture of the prototypes. The prototypes look really good. It's a shame the final product didn't turn out anything like this.I've gone back to the site and see that it is now back up to it's regular $40 price tag. I wouldn't recommend this figure for any action figure collector unless you're willing to pay $40 for a head Sculpt.
Here's a picture of the male figure in the same line that I was going to purchase before I ordered the female and discovered it's poor quality.


I was really looking forward to purchasing this figure from Triad Toys but, after my experience with the EVA figure, I don't trust Triad to put out a quality action figure. I think I'll just stick to the companies with a proven record for consistently turning out quality products.

No comments:

Post a Comment