Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hot Toys True Type Asian Figure

This is my Hot Toys True Type Asian figure that I got from Big Bad Toy Store. At the time it cost a total of $38 with shipping and handling but, like everything else, prices for Hot Toys have gone up.  I paid $53 for my True Type African American Advanced version. (That has a striking resemblance to President Obama) Even so, Hot Toys True type are some of the best action figures available. I have purposely purchased different action figure bodies and Hot Toys have always come out on top. Let's take a look at the Hot Toys Figure.








Let's start at the top. One of the things I like about Hot Toys figures is the realistic head sculpts. The paint applicaton mimics flesh tone as close as you can come. The eyes even have a glassy appearance. The guys at Hot Toys aren't just toy makers, they're artist. And to say that they can mass produce qualitity figures like this incredible. I haven't seen any company save Enterbay that can produce a likeness with such realistic results.


The picture on the right proves that not all companies are created equal. I almost ordered this figure trying to increase my female action figures. Glad I saw this picture before I ordered.










This is how the figure comes packaged. He came with a pair of relaxed hands, pistol grip hands and an extra neck brace. Yes, True Type comes NAKED. They have 38 points of articulation with make them great for placing them into different poses.


Here are some pics of the figure.





 





I also have as mentioned before the African American Advance version, African American Slim version and the Hot Toys Female True Type Cuban figure. I will be reviewing them soon. Here are a couple of pictures of each. The female true type I'm excited about because this year is the first time that Hot Toys has added female figures to their True Type line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment