Tuesday, January 25, 2011

HOT TOYS 1/6 SCALE TRUETYPE CUBAN FEMALE FIGURE


I thought I should blog about a figure that I really liked since my last review was less than glowing. I scored this figure last year from Big Bad Toy Store. Where as the male version boast 38 points of articulation, this figure has 28. But, twenty-eight is more than enough.



Hot Toys has introduced a high quality affordable one sixth female figure to their lineup. The first of what I hope will be a continuing line much like the Truetype male line features a Cuban and Caucasian female figure. The torso is covered with skin like rubber body suit making the figure's appearance more aesthetic. The skin color is consistent through out the figure. The head sculpt matches the body perfectly in both figures.



The face sculpt is realistic and attractive but, if I had one complaint, it would be that her expression looks a bit hard. Other than that, she is pretty much perfect. If you look closely, you can tell Hot Toys used the same face sculpt for both figures.
You can really see the stern/hard look to her face in this pic. I did want to mention that the joints on this figure holds it's poses and are well made, unlike the Eva by Triad Toys.

The figure is basic. It comes with a set of relaxed hands, pistol grip hands and an extra pair of feet to fit high heel shoes. It also has the basic black figure stand. The female figures are packaged like the Truetype males in the clear clam shell like package.

I am definitely looking forward to increasing my female one sixth action figures with this line from Hot Toys. I can't wait to see what they come out with next in this line. Whereas the Eva by Triad Toys was one of the worst figures I've ever purchased, the Hot Toys Female figure is one of the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment