Tuesday, January 25, 2011

POWER TEAM ELITE GREEN BERET AA

Okay, I'm a one sixth action figure collector on a budget. Part of the fun of collecting for me is finding really good quality action figures for little of nothing. The figure above was produced by MC Toys out of Hong Kong. This figure is from the  Power Team Elite Peacekeepers line.

The figure boast 30 points of articulation in the 3rd generation figure. Even though MC Toys has gotten out of the one sixth toy line, you can still pick these figures up for $10 at Big Lots, Family Dollar and Dollar General.  Because they are so cheap I can have double figures for most of these guys. I keep one for display and one unopened in the box. My friends and family have been helping me collect so, I have three of some figures because they don't know which ones I have already.


These figures are great for kit-bashing. And they are cheap. But, cheap price doesn't mean cheaply made. The hinges are sturdy and the figures hold their poses and are able to stand on their own. I have not attempted to kit-bash this figure. I think he looks fine in his jeans, black tee, tactile vest,sneakers,cap, binoculars, rifle, sunglasses and watch. Pretty sweet for ten dollars, huh?


The only complaint, if I had one would be that the AA figures look more doll-like where as the other figures look more realistic. But hey, they only cost ten bucks so, I'm not going to complain.

Here's a shot with a couple Power Team Elite Peace Keeper figures. There is a Hispanic Green Beret, A Ranger in the back on the right and CIA SOG with the sunglasses on the left. The SOG and Green Beret AA have the same face sculpt. As you can see, for $10 these are pretty pimped out figures. I am sad that MC Toys isn't making this line any more. These figures really helped to add variety to my collection without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment