Monday, December 5, 2011

Muscle Bodies

It's not what you think. Get your mind out of the gutter! I'm talking action figure muscle bodies people. If you are a collector, I'm sure you're doing the happy dance in anticipation of all the new muscle bodies being released this year and next. I'm pure salivating.

I saw this figure yesterday on One Sixth Warrior. I really like this one. It has a few flaws but, overall this looks like a great figure and it's not just a body. It comes with a great head sculpt. Now, they are advertising it as an Asian muscle body but, this guy doesn't look Asian to me. I agree with my fellow collectors. He looks like a cross between The Rock and Obama. Here are some pics.




Okay, enough of the naked action figure pics. Let's see how he looks in some clothes.



I love this figure! The only problem is, I love the head sculpt too. If I get this figure, I'll just have to do a general kit bash. I love this guys face.

Now what I don't like is the arms and face are a different skin tone than the rest of the figure. I can overlook that as long as this new company does not try to charge Hot Toy money. A minor imperfection that can be easily hidden as with the posted figure in clothes.

The other thing I don't like is the legs have no detail. This company did an excellent job on the muscles on the upper torso and arms but completely neglected the poor little guys legs.

What I do like. This figure is totally bad ass! Look at dude in his fatigue jacket and faded jeans with just a hint of white boxers and dark sunglasses. He looks great. He has an awesome realistic face sculpt.  I'll definitely be ordering one of these if the price is right. And what is the right price? Think back to what True Type figures use to go for.

I'll be keeping a close eye on these. If the quality is good, Hot Toys may loose a customer.

Later,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment