Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hot Toys True Type

It seems like almost every week some company is out a new muscle type body. As a collector, I'm happy. It gives us more choices. For a long time Hot Toys has been the definitive number one 1/6 action figure company. I'm not saying that they're not now but, I think that being on top for so long has afforded considerable swagger. Pricing, I'm talking pricing people. The basic true-type figure that comes completely naked has inched it's way up to around $50. Really! I'm just a average working girl. I can't afford $50 a pop for figures.

When I first started buying hot toys I paid $32 dollars for a true-type figure. And I got this guy.

 See, naked, no clothes. At $32 that wasn't bad.

Then I got the Hot Toys slim body. I paid $37 for this guy.


Next, Hot Toys offered a Hot Toys female true type. I brought the Cuban version at $42.



Lastly, I purchased the advanced body Obama look-a like true type also for $42.




All I'm trying to say is, that competition is good. Having more choices is good. All of us collectors can't continue to pay the increasing high prices Hot Toys are demanding. So, having other options is always welcome.

Later,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment