Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'M A DC FAN???

I'm a Marvel fan. So, why have I fallen in love with DC lately? I'll tell you why. Because DC is kicking out some freaking awesome comics...all number one with the new 52 launch. The latest comic I have to have is Batwoman.




The storyline in this comic look promising and the artwork is outstanding. Can't wait for the next comic in this series.


Batwoman is reborn as Kate Kane. A hard partying socialite that spends most of her evenings fighting crime and picking up girls. Yes, I said picking up girls. Kate is a former special forces solider who's career was ended when another fast rising cadet took a picture of Kate smooching another female solider and turned her in to the commanding officer.

I haven't collected comics for a while so imagine my surprise learning what topics are now being tackled. Anyhow, with all the bullying and recent deaths of young gay people, I say way to go DC. Shouldn't be a major issue anyway.

Now back to the important stuff. The artwork is off the chain.



J.H. Williams III is co-writer and artist. Mr. Williams is very talented indeed. The art work really pops out at you. I love how comics have gone to the all glossy pages now. That really brings the colors to life. The covers themselves are worth framing and hanging. Hey, that's an idea! I see a shadow box with comic and action figure included.


Later,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment