Monday, November 7, 2011

ACTION FIGURE BODIES

ACI is coming out with a really good looking muscular action figure body. I saw it this morning on Cotsworld for $46. The bodies look great! But, they don't come with a head. The AA bodies look fantastic, but no head.

And if you are a collector like myself, you know that finding a really good AA head sculpt is nearly impossible. Here's a look at the bodies.



Like I said, the bodies look great but, I don't know where I would find a head for them. I already have the President Obama Hot Toys advanced body.


And the slim truetype based on Terrence Howard.


When I first started buying the truetype Hot Toys base body, they cost $32 and they came with a face sculpt. Now if you want a base figure they cost between $40 - $50.  Even though the ACI  bodies really look good, I don't think I'll be buying any because I'd rather purchase a figure that comes with a sculpt. I can change it out if I want to later.

I've being thinking about Enterbay lately.

You can grab this figure with the Jason Borne face sculpt for about $35. This body type is very similar to the original truetype body but, it is a bit taller than the true type. Keep that in mind when making your decision.

Hot Toys has a new muscle body out later this year with a head sculpt included. It goes for $54 at Big Bad Toy Store. I'd be willing to pay that for this figure because by the time you find and pay for a head sculpt, you'd end up spending at least that much anyway.



I love my PTE figures but, what I notice is they haven't quite figure out how to make the faces of the AA realistic like the other nationalities.



And like I said, there aren't alot of AA good sculpts out there. I wouldn't want to pay $50 for a body and then put this face on it.

Later,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment