Tuesday, May 10, 2011

SPIDERMAN



I admit it. I'm a major Marvel fan. My collection of one sixth figures contain quite a few Marvel characters. One of my all time favorite characters is SPIDERMAN! I have eight 12inch figures and two 18inch figures of Spiderman. The figure I am reviewing today is Marvel Legends Spiderman Icon figure.






Here is a picture of my unmasked Spiderman unboxed.



Close-up of Peter Parker's face.




Another pic from of Spiderman from my collection. That's Roto Symbiote Spiderman peaking over Peter's shoulders. I was shopping on Ebay and saw where someone was trying to pass off this figure for a Marvel Legends Icon. They had removed the original figure and replaced it with the cheaper figure. Be careful people! Make sure you know what you are paying for. I got the Roto figure from Kmart for ten dollars. They were trying to sell it for $50!


I love this line by Marvel but, they stop producing this line. Luckily I got all of the Icons I wanted. (except masked Captain American)




I love my Spiderman figures, all of them but, the one complaint I have is that the ankles are weak and the feet are too small. Neither one of my Spiderman figures can stand for very long without taking a nose dive to the carpet below from their prospective displays. So, I have to pose them in kneeling or crawling positions. Masked Spiderman fell and snapped his arm off. I was able to repair him and he doesn't look any worse for wear. The original price for these figures was around $15. Not bad for a 12inch figure that boast over 30 points of articulation. I just googled this figure and it's going for as much as $124. I'd pay $15 or $20 for this figure but, not much more than that. The most I have paid for one of these figures was $36. And that was my limit. I not only like action figure collecting but, as I have said before, I am also a bargain hunter.

Later,
Melissa










No comments:

Post a Comment