Wednesday, June 1, 2011

NIGHTCRAWLER



This is Nightcrawler from  the X-men 2 movie. Believe it or not, he is a 12-13 inch figure with a striking likeness to Alan Cummings, the actor who played the role. Hold on to your wallets...I got this one on clearance for $6. Told you I was a action figure collector on a budget. There are three figures in this series: Nightcrawler, Wolverine and Cyclops. It took me four years to complete this series. I was just not going to pay $75 for Cyclops when he originally cost $15.



In this head shot I took, you can see the facial tattoos and weathered leather look molded vest. the overcoat is made of plastic like material.
Here is a close-up of the figures head. They scanned the actor with a laser of some sort and programed the computer to produce his likeness. Outstanding!!! This series is definitely for display and collectors only. Each figure has very little articulation. Which, is fine by me because the figures really look great. I don't buy them for play anyway.




The costume is film accurate, down to his little striped pants.

Toy Biz even detailed his hands with delicate little lines and monstrous veins as well. Overall, this is one of my favorite X-Men figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment